BROOKLYN-BASED ARTIST CHLOE LILAC RELEASES NEW SINGLE “OBVIOUS,” OUT NOW VIA RCA RECORDS
Today, Brooklyn-based artist Chloe Lilac has released a brand new single titled, “Obvious,” out now via RCA Records. The song is available everywhere now here. Watch the lyric video here. The song is taken from Chloe's forthcoming sophomore EP, due later this year.
A slick, pop/R&B track that takes a critical jab at the troublesome intricacies of a new relationship, Chloe describes, “‘Obvious' is about being with someone that clearly doesn’t like you as much as you like them, being in denial about it and then realizing you’re better than that bullshit.”
“Obvious” marks Chloe's 2nd release of 2020 following previous single “Here's Your Song,” which debuted in January to critical love from outlets such as The FADER and UPROXX, who noted the track “shows another side of Lilac — one that’s more introspective.” Watch the “Here's Your Song” official video here. Last fall, singles “High School” and “Special” kicked off the release of Chloe's upcoming 2nd EP, each debuting alongside stunning official videos. Both tracks were given Spotify ‘New Music Friday' placement and saw critical love from outlets such as Billboard, who called “High School” “an undeniably exuberant affair,” and Refinery29, who coined “Special” “a shot of some catchy nostalgia.”
Chloe toured extensively in 2019 including direct support runs with mxmtoon and Tessa Violet as well as headline dates in NYC and L.A. for Neon Gold Records' ‘Popshop' showcases. Chloe also performed at SXSW 2019 and has toured with other rising artists including Charlotte Lawrence, Sasha Sloan, and Rejjie Snow. Chloe documented her fall 2019 L.A. headline trip in a photo diary exclusive with Flaunt.
Early 2019 debut EP, Manic Pixie Dream, kickstarted a slew of critical acclaim that has secured Chloe Lilac a well-deserved spot as a top rising artist. PAPER proclaimed, “she's shattering perceptions of damsels in distress simply by being vulnerable. But there's strength in her vulnerability,” while Refinery29 included Chloe among their 2019 ‘Artists To Watch.' Chloe has already enjoyed 19 million+ Spotify streams, a feat first kicked off by the 2018 release of “Stolen Liquor” which hit #1 on Hype Machine and sparked NYLON to claim the track “will have you reminiscing about those summer nights in high school.” Single “Summer” has attained 9 million+ Spotify streams alone, sparking support from Ladygunn who debuted the track's official video.
Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Chloe's humble roots of sneaking out to perform on the streets of NYC by age 13 continue to inspire her artistry. Building her skills as a self-produced songwriter, Chloe began releasing songs in 2017 with her first-ever release, “Reckless,” breaking the Top 5 on the U.S. Spotify Viral Chart. Her early songs and live shows saw critical nods from outlets like DIY Magazine, who note Lilac's “knack for an emotional gut-punch.”
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’
- THE BOOMTOWN RATS Announce New Album, UK Tour, Film and New Bob Geldof Book in 2020
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- ZELLA DAY RELEASES CELESTIAL NEW SINGLE “PURPLE HAZE”
- RISING STAR STAYSOLIDROCKY DROPS DEBUT EP FALLIN’
- BENEE UNVEILS HER NEW EP STELLA & STEVE OUT NOW FEATURING COLLABORATION WITH GUS DAPPERTON “SUPALONELY”
- THE AMAZONS ANNOUNCE 2020 US TOUR DATES SUPPORTING DIRTY HONEY
- The Crown Recordings and Atlantic Records artist, KINGG BUCC, ushers in a new era in hip-hop Swiper Season!
- CELINE DION PREMIERES NEW MUSIC VIDEO FOR TITLE TRACK “COURAGE”
- KYGO DEBUTS NEW SINGLE AND VIDEO “LIKE IT IS” FT. TYGA AND ZARA LARSSON