BENEE DROPS VIDEO FOR “SUPALONELY” FEATURING GUS DAPPERTON
New Zealand’s indie pop sensation BENEE returns with the video for “Supalonely” featuring Gus Dapperton, today—watch HERE! “Supalonely” is featured on her latest EP, STELLA & STEVE, released to critical acclaim in November.
BENEE worked with rising Australian director, Rome, on the video. Explaining how she wanted the video to match the song’s colorful and fun mood but also convey its contrasting lyrical theme, she says, “It starts with me being a lonely teen at home then turns into this weird dreamscape, where I end up dancing around with Gus who appears through a TV screen in the lounge!”
Gus Dapperton chimes in, saying, “It was a really seamless shoot, and the final product is a great depiction of the song!”
BENEE will be back in North America this spring for the biggest headline tour of her burgeoning career. The tour kicks off on April 21st in Santa Ana at Constellation Room and makes stops in Los Angeles at The Roxy Theatre on April 24th, Brooklyn at Music Hall of Williamsburg on May 7th and more. Californian artist Remi Wolf joins BENEE for most dates on the tour, which promises to make for a riotously funky night out. See the full list of upcoming dates below. Tickets go on sale Friday, February 7th at 10:00am local time.
2019 was a monumental year for BENEE, as her music buzzed on the hippest playlists with a fervent audience growing around her groove-drenched sound and quirky lyrical-take on the world. Her latest hit “Glitter” and breakout single “Soaked” have each passed 30 million Spotify streams, with “Glitter” featured on Spotify’s “Pop Rising,” “TGIF” and “Indie Pop” and Apple Music’s “Indie Pop” and “Pop Deluxe” playlists. The song is certified Platinum in both New Zealand and Australia, while “Soaked” is now Double Platinum in her home country and Platinum in Australia.
BENEE claimed four New Zealand Music Awards in November, taking home trophies for “Single Of The Year” for “Soaked,” “Best Solo Artist,” “Best Pop Artist” and “Breakthrough Artist Of The Year.” She proved her growing domination down under by taking three places in the listener-voted Triple J Hottest 100 2020 in January. The influential Australian song poll ranked “Glitter” at #19, “Find an Island” at #25 and “Evil Spider” at #52 among the best songs of the year. BENEE also recently performed “Glitter” and her own unique take of James Blake’s “Mile High” featuring Travis Scott for Triple J’s Like A Version.
Stay tuned for more from BENEE in 2020!
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- KISS ANNOUNCED TODAY THE END OF THE ROAD COMES TO ITS END
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- DVSN SHARE NEW VIDEO FOR “NO CRYIN” FEAT. FUTURE
- JP COOPER RELEASES VIDEO FOR ‘THE REASON WHY’ FT. STEFFLON DON AND BANX & RANX
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- ROME RAMIREZ OF SUBLIME WITH ROME ANNOUNCES ROME & DUDDY FRIENDS & FAMILY TOUR
- LITTLE MIX RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ONE I’VE BEEN MISSING”
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex