AUSTRALIAN PLATINUM-SELLING HIP-HOP TRIO HILLTOP HOODS Kick Off N. America Tour This Week
From Adelaide to America, HILLTOP HOODS–made up of Suffa, Pressure and DJ Debris–will bring their high-energy-leave-no-prisoners show to audiences across North America. This marks the final leg of “The Great Expanse World Tour,” from November 8 to December 12, with main support Adrian Eagle and special guest DJ Total Eclipse (X-Ecutioners). *Read a Q&A with DJ Debris below.
The current World Tour has made history for both the band and their home country by being the largest hip-hop tour ever from an Australian artist with more than 80,000 fans in attendance over seven shows in Australia alone. This follows a main support trek across Australia and New Zealand, with rap superstar Eminem.
Having sold out most of their European leg, HILLTOP HOODS will keep the momentum going across the U.S. and Canada. HILLTOP HOODS have already sold out shows in Portland, Chicago and Calgary with many more close to selling out.
Full dates are listed below. Tickets are on-sale now at http://www.hilltophoods.com.
HILLTOP HOODS are currently supporting their eighth studio album THE GREAT EXPANSE which marks a total six #1 albums overall-an ARIA record for the most #1 albums by an Australian band. THE GREAT EXPANSE delivered a string of hits with platinum-selling “Clark Griswold” feat. Adrian Eagle and double platinum-selling singles “Leave Me Lonely” and “Exit Sign,” featuring Ecca Vandal and Illy.
These hits now join songs featuring artists such as Sia, Black Thought (The Roots), Pharoahe Monch, Chali 2na (Jurassic 5) and Brother Ali.
HILLTOP HOODS in the last decade have sold over 1 million albums in Australia alone and have achieved over 640 million global streams.
Stream and/or download THE GREAT EXPANSE here:
Watch the official music video for “Exit Sign” feat. Illy & Ecca Vandal (over 2.1M views to date) below:
Since their breakout platinum-selling LP The Calling, which included smash hit “The Nosebleed Section,” the trio have established themselves as a force on the world Hip Hop stage. HILLTOP HOODS have made waves across multiple genre festivals with their versatile all-encompassing sound. They have been invited to play festivals worldwide including T in the Park, Splendour in the Grass, Glastonbury, The Big Day Out, Reading Festival, Frauenfeld Music Festival, Highfield Festival and Falls Festival.
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- KISS ANNOUNCED TODAY THE END OF THE ROAD COMES TO ITS END
- THE BUZZING SIXTEEN YEAR OLD RAPPER FROM AUSTRALIA RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LET HER GO” TODAY VIA COLUMBIA RECORDS
- ROME RAMIREZ OF SUBLIME WITH ROME ANNOUNCES ROME & DUDDY FRIENDS & FAMILY TOUR
- LITTLE MIX RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ONE I’VE BEEN MISSING”
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”