AU/RA RELEASES NEW SINGLE “IDEAS”
Rising star Au/Ra has released her new single “Ideas.” Already debuted to fans as part of her live show, “Ideas” is an irresistible track that opens with coolly powerful vocals before building into an edgy electro pop chorus, showcasing Au/Ra’s unique and expressive storytelling. Listen HERE.
Written about managing her own idealistic expectations, Au/Ra says: “‘Ideas’ is about trying to protect yourself from false expectations. I very often build up these fantasies of how I’d like things to happen and inevitably end up being disappointed when things don’t turn out that way. So really, this song is a warning to myself, haha! I’m really looking forward to seeing and hearing how listeners interpret the song.”
With a video shoot no longer able to happen due to current events, Au/Ra is inviting fans to help her create the visual for “Ideas” by having them submit footage or artwork to be part of the official video. In the meantime, fans can enjoy a lyric video for the track HERE.
Ibiza-born and Antigua-raised songwriter Au/Ra explores the challenges of being a modern-day teenager, writing music that touches on the issues today’s younger generation face on a daily basis such as anxiety, communicating in an always online world, and having to always show off your best self. She most recently released her single with Alan Walker “Ghost,” which was part of the Death Standing soundtrack and has been streamed over 20 million times on Spotify alone. Her platinum selling hit “Panic Room” was remixed by DJ/production duo Camelphat and streamed over 122 million times on Spotify.
An undercurrent of most of Au/Ra’s deeply visual and evocative lyrics is a sense of escapism, influenced by her fandom of anime and fantasy. Growing up devouring Studio Ghibli films, she’s always loved to disappear into the soft-edged, uncanny world of Miyazaki animations, and uses similar designs to flesh out the visual world of her music. With her lovingly made outsider-pop, Au/Ra is providing a similar kind of space in her song writing: one where misfits feel at home and where the listener gets to peer for a minute through the lens of an artist who has simultaneously grown up outside the system, but who speaks with the zeitgeist of her generation.
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- LITTLE MIX RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ONE I’VE BEEN MISSING”
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH
- ROME RAMIREZ OF SUBLIME WITH ROME ANNOUNCES ROME & DUDDY FRIENDS & FAMILY TOUR
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK