(August 23, 2019) – After launching “The Good & The Bad” Tour this week with a sold-out show at Joe’s Pub at The Public Theater last night, Anthony Ramos shares a new song (and namesake for the tour), “The Good & The Bad,” today.
“The Good & The Bad” Tour rolls through North America this fall, including another sold-out date at Rough Trade in Brooklyn, NY on September 26. Tickets are on sale now. Check out the full itinerary and details below.
Ramos is set to cement himself as one of today’s boldest, brightest, and bravest new voices.
Born and raised in Bushwick and of Puerto Rican descent, Anthony Ramos first made his mark originating the dual roles of John Laurens and Philip Hamilton in the TONY® and GRAMMY® Award-winning Broadway smash Hamilton. In 2018, Ramos ignited his music career as an independent solo artist on his own terms. Not only did he lend his voice to Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “Almost Like Praying” benefit single, but he also began architecting a sharp and soulful signature take on contemporary music. He teamed up with producer Will Wells [Logic, Pentatonix] for The Freedom EP, which garnered acclaim from Billboard and many others.
Ramos is currently in production as the lead in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s highly-anticipated ‘In the Heights’ movie directed by Jon M. Chu for Warner Bros to be released in June 2020.
Most recently, he appeared in the Academy Award-winning film A Star Is Born, directed by Bradley Cooper and starring Lady Gaga where he played ‘Ally’s’ (GaGa) best friend and the critically-acclaimed Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It, created by Spike Lee, based on his 1986 film. He has contributed multiple songs to the show’s soundtrack, including the poignant new original song “Cry Today, Smile Tomorrow.” The song was inspired by Ramos working with a patient at Katie’s Art Project, an organization that connects children facing life-threatening illnesses with artists through collaborative programs to create a lasting legacy through art.
Sep 11 Omeara London, United Kingdom
Sep 26 Rough Trade Brooklyn, NY * – SOLD OUT
Oct 3 The Sayers Club Los Angeles, CA *
Nov 1 Lincoln Hall Chicago, IL
Nov 3 Brighton Music Hall Boston, MA
Nov 5 The Fillmore Philadelphia, PA
Nov 6 Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY
Nov 8 Rock & Roll Hotel Washington, DC
Nov 10 1306 Miami Miami, FL
Nov 12 House of Blues Bronze Peacock Houston, TX
Nov 15 August Hall San Francisco, CA
Nov 17 Doug Fir Lounge Portland, OR
Nov 18 The Crocodile Seattle, WA
Nov 19 Imperial Vancouver, Canada
- PARTYNEXTDOOR ENLISTS BAD BUNNY ON REMIX FOR “LOYAL” FEAT. DRAKE
- 10th Annual AAFCA Awards Photo Selects
- SIX60 RELEASE THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR “PLEASE DON’T GO”
- Bumbu Unveils New Episode of “The Bumbu Room” Starring Lil Wayne
- Brandy and Daniel Caesar Hit #1 at Radio With ‘Love Again”
- YO GOTTI’S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM UNTRAPPED OUT NOW
- HARRY STYLES ADDS NEW DATES TO ‘LOVE ON TOUR’ 2020 DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND
- ROYCE 5’9″ RELEASES NEW TRACK “I DON’T’ AGE” TODAY
- ALANIS MORISSETTE ANNOUNCES 2020 TOUR CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF JAGGED LITTLE PILL
- THE UNLIKELY CANDIDATES “NOVOCAINE” HITS TOP 5 ON ALTERNATIVE RADIO CHARTS