ALI GATIE UNVEILS DEBUT EP YOU VIA WARNER RECORDS
22-year-old Toronto singer and songwriter Ali Gatie has released his highly anticipated debut project YOU via Warner Records. With over 870 million cumulative streams under his belt, Ali Gatie’s YOU arrives on the heels of his aptly titled YOU short film, showcasing gorgeous consecutive vignettes of songs from the full project.
Ali also released the official video for “Say To You” from the project last Friday, which has been viewed over a million times. The success of his RIAA Gold Certified track “It’s You,” which has been streamed over 590 million times, affirmed his innate ability to connect with a growing critical mass on a global scale. “It’s You” also earned platinum certification in Canada and Australia and gold certification in the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, New Zealand, Finland, and Switzerland.
Establishing himself as one of the most compelling new singers and songwriters straddling the pop and R&B space this year, Ali Gatie goes deep on the big subjects that have always consumed great artists. On YOU, vulnerability, love, and devotion are concepts that Ali confronts head-on. These moments reveal themselves throughout the project like on the stand out “How Things Used To Be,” where he sings, “I wonder how you are, I wonder if you think of me, and when I’m all alone I think of how things used to be.” On the brooding “Holding On,” he comes clean about poor decisions in a previous relationship with the confession, “I made mistakes but baby so did you, we only did it out of innocence.” The openness and honesty are palpable and built on the stuff timeless songwriting is made of.
Ali Gatie's rise has been chronicled by the likes of Billboard, Forbes, Complex, HYPEBEAST, Genius, and many more. Moreover, he has attracted a devout and diehard fan base, affectionately dubbed “Lisners,” who not only fervently consume his music, but they hang on to every word (and post) on social media.
Listen to YOU now.
1. It's You
3. Used To You
4. Say To You
5. Love You Like That
7. How Things Used To Be
8. Holding On
9. Lost my Lover
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- WATCH CAMILA CABELLO’S APPLE MUSIC “NEW MUSIC DAILY PRESENTS” LIVE PERFORMANCE
- BREAK-OUT UK ARTIST GRIFF RELEASES NEW SONG AND VIDEO “GOOD STUFF”
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- SWEDISH ARTIST ELINA DEBUTS NEW SINGLE “ANOTHER ROUND
- iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced today that Mike Killabrew will return as the Senior Vice President of Programming
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- JP COOPER RELEASES VIDEO FOR ‘THE REASON WHY’ FT. STEFFLON DON AND BANX & RANX
- The Head and The Heart Announces North American Spring Tour, Releases ‘Honeybee’ Official Video
- ALANIS MORISSETTE ANNOUNCES 2020 TOUR CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF JAGGED LITTLE PILL