ALI GATIE UNVEILS DEBUT EP YOU VIA WARNER RECORDS
22-year-old Toronto singer and songwriter Ali Gatie has released his highly anticipated debut project YOU via Warner Records. With over 870 million cumulative streams under his belt, Ali Gatie’s YOU arrives on the heels of his aptly titled YOU short film, showcasing gorgeous consecutive vignettes of songs from the full project.
Ali also released the official video for “Say To You” from the project last Friday, which has been viewed over a million times. The success of his RIAA Gold Certified track “It’s You,” which has been streamed over 590 million times, affirmed his innate ability to connect with a growing critical mass on a global scale. “It’s You” also earned platinum certification in Canada and Australia and gold certification in the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, New Zealand, Finland, and Switzerland.
Establishing himself as one of the most compelling new singers and songwriters straddling the pop and R&B space this year, Ali Gatie goes deep on the big subjects that have always consumed great artists. On YOU, vulnerability, love, and devotion are concepts that Ali confronts head-on. These moments reveal themselves throughout the project like on the stand out “How Things Used To Be,” where he sings, “I wonder how you are, I wonder if you think of me, and when I’m all alone I think of how things used to be.” On the brooding “Holding On,” he comes clean about poor decisions in a previous relationship with the confession, “I made mistakes but baby so did you, we only did it out of innocence.” The openness and honesty are palpable and built on the stuff timeless songwriting is made of.
Ali Gatie’s rise has been chronicled by the likes of Billboard, Forbes, Complex, HYPEBEAST, Genius, and many more. Moreover, he has attracted a devout and diehard fan base, affectionately dubbed “Lisners,” who not only fervently consume his music, but they hang on to every word (and post) on social media.
Listen to YOU now.
1. It’s You
3. Used To You
4. Say To You
5. Love You Like That
7. How Things Used To Be
8. Holding On
9. Lost my Lover
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “CHIEF”
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- ALANIS MORISSETTE ANNOUNCES 2020 TOUR CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF JAGGED LITTLE PILL
- THE BLACK CROWES Present SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER 2020 WORLD TOUR
- LITTLE HURT RELEASES NEW TRACK “IT’S OK NOT TO BE OK” AND ACCOMPANYING VIDEO TODAY
- Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Eric Church, Garth Brooks, P!NK, and The Rolling Stones Lead Nominees for 31st Annual Pollstar Awards
- James TW Releases New Track, “Suitcase” From Upcoming Album, Chapters
- SIX TIMEGRAMMY-NOMINATED R&B POWERHOUSE TAMIA CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH THE RELEASE OF THE CLASSIC “SOMEDAY AT CHRISTMAS”
- Brandy and Daniel Caesar Hit #1 at Radio With ‘Love Again”