16-YEAR-OLD HIP-HOP PRODIGY GUWOP REIGN BACK WITH NEW SINGLE & MUSIC VIDEO “DEMEANOR”
16-year-old Boston-born and Atlanta-based rapper Guwop Reign releases a new single and music video entitled “Demeanor.”
Over a skittering beat, his melodic street flow immediately takes hold. In the music video, he rocks a Jack Skellington t-shirt as he raps in the spotlight of an empty warehouse between footage of high-octane street racing as revved up as his rhymes.
“Demeanor” arrives on the heels of his independent anthem “Mulan 2,” which raked in over 601K streams. Lyrical Lemonade proclaimed, “The Atlanta native’s massive range shines and he is able to easily manipulate pitch and cadence to keep his songs continually interesting and simultaneously sonically pleasing.” Meanwhile, The Daily Chiefers commented, “Atlanta’s own Guwop Reign is in the fast lane and firing off nothing but bangers in 2020.”
Right now, Guwop Reign is hard at work on his debut EP. Get ready for more very soon.
Music encodes life’s most important lessons. Beneath the beats and between the bars, Guwop Reign confronts the struggles of youth, depression, anxiety, friends-turned-into-foes, and relationships with a level of wisdom and perspective that belies his 16 years. The Boston-born and Atlanta-based rapper flows with the intensity of an open wound as he tightly grips each melody. Streamed nearly four million times on Soundcloud, Reign built an avid fan base with one independent anthem after another including “Money Talk” [58.7K plays] and “Fly” [205K plays], and “No Love” [896K plays] and tastemaker praise from Lyrical Lemonade, Elevator Magazine. Landing a deal with Galactic Records in partnership with Republic Records the young prodigy released his single “Mulan 2” [965K plays] in 2020 and prepares to make his full-length debut for the label. Drawing on diverse influences such as Tupac, Future, Young Thug, and Rihanna, he asserts himself as a melodic hip-hop force ready for the spotlight.
- OLIVIA O’BRIEN LAUNCHES INNOVATIVE MICROMIXTAPE CONCEPT WITH TWO-SONG RELEASE, IT WAS A SAD F**KING SUMMER
- PHOTOS + VIDEO: Music Midtown 2019 – Cardi B, Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, Panic! At The Disco, Vampire Weekend, Lizzo and more
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MAKE ME FEEL” FEATURING RICK ROSS & ARI LENNOX
- WATCH CAMILA CABELLO’S APPLE MUSIC “NEW MUSIC DAILY PRESENTS” LIVE PERFORMANCE
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- ISABELA MERCED UNVEILS THE “PAPI” MUSIC VIDEO TODAY
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- CERAADI RELEASE THEIR CANDY-COATED HOLIDAY SINGLE “CHRISTMAS WITH YOU,” OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- GRAMMY®-WINNING ARTIST TASHA COBBS LEONARD CELEBRATES TEN-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF DEBUT ALBUM SMILE WITH SPECIAL REMASTER AND RE-RELEASE
- THE AMAZONS ANNOUNCE 2020 US TOUR DATES SUPPORTING DIRTY HONEY