16-YEAR-OLD HIP-HOP PRODIGY GUWOP REIGN BACK WITH NEW SINGLE & MUSIC VIDEO “DEMEANOR”
16-year-old Boston-born and Atlanta-based rapper Guwop Reign releases a new single and music video entitled “Demeanor.”
Over a skittering beat, his melodic street flow immediately takes hold. In the music video, he rocks a Jack Skellington t-shirt as he raps in the spotlight of an empty warehouse between footage of high-octane street racing as revved up as his rhymes.
“Demeanor” arrives on the heels of his independent anthem “Mulan 2,” which raked in over 601K streams. Lyrical Lemonade proclaimed, “The Atlanta native’s massive range shines and he is able to easily manipulate pitch and cadence to keep his songs continually interesting and simultaneously sonically pleasing.” Meanwhile, The Daily Chiefers commented, “Atlanta’s own Guwop Reign is in the fast lane and firing off nothing but bangers in 2020.”
Right now, Guwop Reign is hard at work on his debut EP. Get ready for more very soon.
Music encodes life’s most important lessons. Beneath the beats and between the bars, Guwop Reign confronts the struggles of youth, depression, anxiety, friends-turned-into-foes, and relationships with a level of wisdom and perspective that belies his 16 years. The Boston-born and Atlanta-based rapper flows with the intensity of an open wound as he tightly grips each melody. Streamed nearly four million times on Soundcloud, Reign built an avid fan base with one independent anthem after another including “Money Talk” [58.7K plays] and “Fly” [205K plays], and “No Love” [896K plays] and tastemaker praise from Lyrical Lemonade, Elevator Magazine. Landing a deal with Galactic Records in partnership with Republic Records the young prodigy released his single “Mulan 2” [965K plays] in 2020 and prepares to make his full-length debut for the label. Drawing on diverse influences such as Tupac, Future, Young Thug, and Rihanna, he asserts himself as a melodic hip-hop force ready for the spotlight.
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- PARTYNEXTDOOR ENLISTS BAD BUNNY ON REMIX FOR “LOYAL” FEAT. DRAKE
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- BLAC YOUNGSTA DROPS NEW ALBUM CHURCH ON SUNDAY
- CITY MORGUE DEBUTS AT NO. 1 ON THE BILLBOARD TOP R&B/HIP HOP ALBUMS AND APPLE MUSIC ROCK ALBUMS CHARTS WITH CITY MORGUE VOL 2: AS GOOD AS DEAD TODAY
- Brandy and Daniel Caesar Hit #1 at Radio With ‘Love Again”
- Iann Dior RELEASES “FLOWERS” VISUAL FROM ALBUM INDUSTRY PLANT
- TRAVIS SCOTT ANNOUNCES CACTUS JACK’S DEBUT STUDIO ALBUM ‘JACK BOYS’
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “CHIEF”