Last night the stars shone brightly over the Taglyan Complex in Hollywood where the 10th Annual AAFCA Awards, presented by the African American Film Critics Association, handed out trophies to its winners and special honorees. Music icon Quincy Jones received the inaugural AAFCA Stanley Kramer Award presented to him by Karen Kramer, wife of the late Stanley Kramer.
Prolific producer Jason Blum (BlacKkKlansman, Get Out) received the Cinema Vanguard award and Aneesh Chaganty received the Breakthrough Film Award for his groundbreaking film Searching. Tichina Arnold hosted the evening, with AAFCA co-founders Gil Robertson andShawn Edwards overseeing the evening’s festivities.
Awards were handed out to previously announced winners including Ryan Coogler (Best Film, Best Director for Black Panther, Barry Jenkins (Best Independent Film for If Beale Street Could Talk), Regina Hall (Best Actress winner forSupport The Girls), Amandla Stenberg (Best Breakthrough Performance for The Hate U Give), John David Washington (Best Actor for BlacKkKlansman), Rashida Jones and Alan Hicks (Best Documentary for Quincy) and several others. Presenters and guests included Lakeith Stanfield, Franklin Leonard, Trevante Rhodes, Storm Reid, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Colman Domingo, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Toni Trucks, the cast of OWN’s “Queen Sugar,” and many more.
The event was generously sponsored by Home Depot, Morgan Stanley and Nissan.
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- The Head and The Heart Announces North American Spring Tour, Releases ‘Honeybee’ Official Video
- Bakar and Lancey Foux Share “Play” Music Video, New Bakar Album Due 2021
- FUTURE RELEASES 56 NIGHTS
- JESSIE REYEZ ANNOUNCED AS APPLE MUSIC UP NEXT ARTIST
- MEGHAN TRAINOR RELEASES THREE REMIXES OF HER CURRENT SINGE “WAVE”
- Katy J Pearson Shares New Track “Hey You”
- CLINTON KANE SHARES TWO NEW SONGS “hopeless” & “forget about us”
- Halsey Celebrates Her Birthday, Sharing New Album Track And Video, “clementine”
- SIX60 RELEASE THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR “PLEASE DON’T GO”