Greetings young radio brethren and sistren. I'm sure many of you have heard of Radio Facts during your career. For that, I'd like to give you some advice I hope you never forget.
I am a very wise and brilliant elder MF who embraces technology and I LOVE it. I also admire Millenial and Gen Z concepts because you KNOW your value and you don't take the sh that we had to take. I surround myself with many of you people and I learn a lot and I teach those who I mentor what I'm about to tell you. I get that you don't like to be managed but understand, while that works for more opportunities there is a price to pay for it too when it comes to “relationships.” I'm going to leave it up to you to figure out how to make that work but make sure you don't burn too many bridges that you might have to cross down the road.
Allow me to thank you for opening the door to 40-year-old plus people to still get work because corporations are confused by you and they want people who are committed to achieving THEIR goals and there is nothing wrong with that either but for those who want to be on a faster track to success … read on.
Recently, I asked a millennial to do an assignment and he told me, “You know Kevin, I'm really not interested in doing that!” I cracked up because he reminded me of ME. I was a “millennial” in the 80s and 90s which is how I ended up being an entrepreneur. I felt that every boss I ever had was no smarter than me and I could do their job as good or BETTER than they did so I might as well own the company too.
I truly hope that many of you are on a path to entrepreneurship because at the end of the day, its the hardest you will ever commit yourself but you will love every minute of it because it belongs to YOU. Notice I said, “commit.” Know there is a HUGE difference between “commitment” and “work.” Click “NEXT” to see the next suggestion and pass this on to every other jock you know. Share, share, share.
- INCUBUS ANNOUNCE SUMMER 2020 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH 311
- Urban Legends Reissues Zhané’s Debut Album, ‘Pronounced Jah-Nay,’ On Its 25th Anniversary
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- Acclaimed Actor & Musician // Jeff Buckley meets Ed Sheeran
- LOUS AND THE YAKUZA RELEASES TRACK TOUT EST GORE
- 24KGOLDN KICKS OFF 2020 JOINING YBN CORDAE ON “THE LOST BOY IN AMERICA TOUR”
- EMERGING ARTIST RINI SHARES NEW VIDEO FOR “MY FAVOURITE CLOTHES”
- AMINÉ RELEASES NEW SINGLE: “RIRI”
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS