This segment is dedicated to those songs that still go hard in the club although they are more than a decade old. These are those hip hop records smoothed out on the R&B tip or those R&B records with a hip hop edge that every DJ should have in their playlist. Click NEXT to see next group
10. Only You -112
In the 90’s Bad Boy was that deal in regard to being a hit label. Puffy’s crew was putting out smash after smash that kept the party going. “Only You” was just one example of the R&B sound with a strong hip hop appeal. “Only You” was the debut single from R&B group 112 from their debut album of the same name. Both the original and the remix were released as singles. The remix features Mase and The Notorious B.I.G. The song reached number one on two of Billboard Magazine‘s charts: Hot Dance Singles Sales and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay. The song made its debut at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 on July 27, 1996. The song spent 39 weeks in the top 100, peaking at number 13.
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- JACQUEES’ SECOND ALBUM KING OF R&B OUT TODAY!
- R&B RISING STAR DARIUS JAMES’ 8-TRACK EP ‘LIFE AS WE KNOW IT,’ OUT FRIDAY
- The Crown Recordings and Atlantic Records artist, KINGG BUCC, ushers in a new era in hip-hop Swiper Season!
- THE BOOMTOWN RATS Announce New Album, UK Tour, Film and New Bob Geldof Book in 2020
- DIANA GORDON SHARES ARTISTIC NEW VISUAL FOR “ONCE A FRIEND”
- 99 NEIGHBORS DROP NEW SINGLE & MUSIC VIDEO “49ER” DEBUT ALBUM WHEREVER YOU’RE GOING I HOPE IT’S GREAT COMING SOON
- ATLANTA Native Singer TONY HIGHTOWER Brings Real Jazz to The Young Generation on LEGACY
- LANCEY FOUX RELEASES NEW SINGLE“COOLER THAN ME”
- keshi releases new song + music video “always”