Mildlife Share New Track “Vapour”
Today, Australian multi-instrumentalist four-piece Mildlife have shared new single “Vapour”, taken from their forthcoming second album Automatic that will be released on September 18th through Heavenly Recordings. Listen to it HERE.
Conjuring memories of pre-isolation, carefree dance floors, “Vapour” boasts a spine tingling flute solo and continues down the cosmic, groove laden path as witnessed with recent single “Rare Air”. In the words of the band; “Vapour is a dance mantra with enough weight to blow the cobwebs off your tired mind and snap you out of your endless feed scrolling rituals”
Alongside the new track Mildlife also offer a segment featuring the 2017’s “Magnificent Moon” and “Vapour”, fifteen and a half minutes that seamlessly melds the two tracks through a sprawling, improvised jam. The cornerstone of Mildlife’s live show, the session was recorded live last month at Melbourne’s Colour Club. Watch it HERE.
With Automatic, the band have made a step-change from their debut. It’s more disciplined, directional and arguably more danceable. As on Phase, they are unafraid to let a track luxuriate in length without ever succumbing to self-indulgence. “The recorded songs kind of become the new reference point for playing the songs live,’ says vocalist Kevin McDowell. “They both have different outcomes and we make our decisions for each based on that, but they’re symbiotic and they both influence each other. It’s usually a fairly natural flow from live to recorded back to live.”
In the years since the release of Phase, Mildlife sold out their debut national headlining tour, which was immediately followed by a ten-date tour of the UK and Europe culminating in a euphoric homecoming set at Meredith Music Festival. The band have also supported the likes of Stereolab, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Harvey Sutherland and enamoured various festival crowds in the southern hemisphere
Critical acclaim has followed them every step of the way too; being nominated for Best Album at the Worldwide FM Awards in 2018,Best Independent Jazz Album at the AIR Awards in 2019 and walking away with the gong for Best Electronic Act at The Age Music Victoria Awards off the back of Phase. They’ve garnered support from Resident Advisor, BBC 6 Music, Uncut and The Guardian.
Automatic track listing:
1. Rare Air
5. Memory Palace
pre-order Automatic HERE
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE KID LAROI RELEASES HIS ANTICIPATED NEW SINGLE “ADDISON RAE”
- JP COOPER RELEASES VIDEO FOR ‘THE REASON WHY’ FT. STEFFLON DON AND BANX & RANX
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- FLIPP DINERO RELEASES DEBUT PROJECT LOVE FOR GUALA TODAY
- CERAADI RELEASE THEIR CANDY-COATED HOLIDAY SINGLE “CHRISTMAS WITH YOU,” OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- SKIP MARLEY & H.E.R. PERFORM + INTERVIEW ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- PHOTOS + VIDEO: Music Midtown 2019 – Cardi B, Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, Panic! At The Disco, Vampire Weekend, Lizzo and more
- CONAN GRAY RELEASES VIDEO FOR NEW SINGLE “MANIAC” TODAY VIDEO CO-STARS JESSICA BARDEN (STAR OF NETFLIX’S END OF THE F***ING WORLD) THE COMFORT CROWD TOUR KICKS OFF NEXT WEEK