Mildlife Share New Track “Vapour”
Today, Australian multi-instrumentalist four-piece Mildlife have shared new single “Vapour”, taken from their forthcoming second album Automatic that will be released on September 18th through Heavenly Recordings. Listen to it HERE.
Conjuring memories of pre-isolation, carefree dance floors, “Vapour” boasts a spine tingling flute solo and continues down the cosmic, groove laden path as witnessed with recent single “Rare Air”. In the words of the band; “Vapour is a dance mantra with enough weight to blow the cobwebs off your tired mind and snap you out of your endless feed scrolling rituals”
Alongside the new track Mildlife also offer a segment featuring the 2017’s “Magnificent Moon” and “Vapour”, fifteen and a half minutes that seamlessly melds the two tracks through a sprawling, improvised jam. The cornerstone of Mildlife’s live show, the session was recorded live last month at Melbourne’s Colour Club. Watch it HERE.
With Automatic, the band have made a step-change from their debut. It’s more disciplined, directional and arguably more danceable. As on Phase, they are unafraid to let a track luxuriate in length without ever succumbing to self-indulgence. “The recorded songs kind of become the new reference point for playing the songs live,’ says vocalist Kevin McDowell. “They both have different outcomes and we make our decisions for each based on that, but they’re symbiotic and they both influence each other. It’s usually a fairly natural flow from live to recorded back to live.”
In the years since the release of Phase, Mildlife sold out their debut national headlining tour, which was immediately followed by a ten-date tour of the UK and Europe culminating in a euphoric homecoming set at Meredith Music Festival. The band have also supported the likes of Stereolab, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Harvey Sutherland and enamoured various festival crowds in the southern hemisphere
Critical acclaim has followed them every step of the way too; being nominated for Best Album at the Worldwide FM Awards in 2018,Best Independent Jazz Album at the AIR Awards in 2019 and walking away with the gong for Best Electronic Act at The Age Music Victoria Awards off the back of Phase. They’ve garnered support from Resident Advisor, BBC 6 Music, Uncut and The Guardian.
Automatic track listing:
1. Rare Air
5. Memory Palace
pre-order Automatic HERE
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- keshi releases new track “more”
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- CITY MORGUE RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “YAKUZA” FROM RECENT MIXTAPE TOXIC BOOGALOO
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- KAMAIYAH RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO “STILL I AM”
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard